From the Organizer
Greetings TOGETHER WE RUN 5K participant!
This fall, the YMCA of Greater Boston aims to help our communities grow stronger together by engaging our neighbors in a virtual wellness and community-building experience that spans 9 days, covers 43 miles, and celebrates 14 neighborhoods.
Our 2020 YMCA of Greater Boston TOGETHER WE RUN Virtual 5K Race Week begins on Saturday, October 10th! With your support and the generosity of our valued sponsors - we have raised over $175,000 in support of our 14 YMCA’s and signature programs.
Grab Your Race Shirt
TOGETHER WE RUN 5K runners that have registered by Thursday, 10/8, must visit the YMCA location they chose to support during registration to pick up their race shirt!
Please be ready to show your ID and registration confirmation email when you visit. Due to our high volume of runners, we are not able to modify shirt size selection at this time.
Runners that register after Thursday, 10/8, will be able to complete their virtual race starting Saturday, 10/10 but will not be able to pick up a race shirt before Saturday, 10/17 (while supplies last).
On Your Mark! Get Set! Go! (How Does This Work?)
Between Saturday, October 10 and Sunday, October 18, participants can choose to run or walk any of our 14 YMCA 5K course routes (listed below), complete our virtual trail run from our New Hampshire Sandy Island Camp on a treadmill, or create your own 5K-distance run or walk anywhere in the world!
Use your smartwatch, fitness app, or other timer to record your finishing time. Then after you’ve completed your 5K walk/run, visit our TOGETHER WE RUN Finishing Time Portal HERE and upload details from your race. Participants can run/walk more than one 5K route but each must upload each finishing time individually HERE.
Daily Prizes & BIG FINISH Raffles
Personal best run or leisurely walk…you’ll have an equal chance to win! Every unique 5K walk/run finishing time that registered runners upload will enter them into our daily drawing for great gift certificates and other prizes. The sooner you run the more chances you get!
To become eligible for our BIG FINISH raffles, share a photo of you at your 5K start/finish line or at a scenic stop on your 5K route to Facebook or Instagram with hashtag #ymcabostontogetherwerun. We will be drawing names of registered runners that have posted a photo with this special hashtag on Tuesday, 10/13, Friday, 10/16, and Monday, 10/19 to win some big prizes! Our daily drawing and BIG FINISH raffle winners will be posted in our TOGETHER WE RUN Facebook Event page HERE.
The earlier you complete your 5K, upload your finishing time in our portal, and post your photo with hashtag #ymcabostontogetherwerun, the more chances you'll have to win.
Our BIG FINISH Raffle prizes include Apple AirPods Pro, a Nintendo Switch Lite, a Bruins jersey autographed by the 2016-2017 team, a two-night stay at the Pilgrim House luxury hotel in Provincetown with dinner included, a two-night Staycation at the Hilton Boston Logan Airport, and MORE!
Please remember, safety comes first when participating in your virtual 5K. Please review these virtual 5K safety tips before starting your race:
- Obey normal traffic laws
- Please be aware of your surroundings and use crosswalks when crossing roads and look both ways.
- Water fountains or sources may not be available along your route so please come prepared to stay hydrated
- Always carry you ID in case of an emergency
- Notify someone when you start your run and then when you are done and let them know where you are running
- If listening to music only use one earbud and leave your other ear open to listen for potential hazards.
- Check the weather for the time you plan on running
- Wear bright or reflective clothing
- We suggest that all runners follow recommendations as provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to help slow the spread of COVID-19. Participants should practice 12 feet of physical distancing and wear face coverings when physical distancing is not possible.