From the Organizer
3rd ANNUAL "INTO THE LIGHT WALK"
Check-In 4:00 A.M. (Pleasantville HS)
Walk Begins sharply at: 4:30 A.M.
T-Shirts are guaranteed to the first 500 registrants
Break the Hold is a program under the umbrella of The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA). MHA is a 501(c)(3) organization. Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
- In-person walkers: Please check-in at 4:00 AM at Pleasantville High School
- In-person walk begins at 4:30 A.M. at Pleasantville High School (rain or shine)
- Virtual Walkers can begin their walk any time. Please tag @breakthehold36 on Instagram
- Approximately 2.5 miles
- T-shirts are guaranteed to the first 500 registrants. T-shirts need to be picked up.
- Walk concludes at Pleasantville High School approximately 6:30 A.M.
About the Break the Hold Organization: BTH was established by the Halloran Family in honor of their late son, Brian Thomas Halloran, who passed on January 23, 2018. BTH stands for Brian's initials, but also for "Break the Hold" on mental illness. The mission of the organization is to promote youth wellness, to develop and advocate an action plan to raise mental health awareness, and to educate the community. It is essential to enhance the community's understanding of how mental health issues affect individuals & their families. Through open dialogue we hope to reduce the stigma of mental illness.
Funds raised from this event will be used to provide resources and educational programming on mental health wellness to youths and parents in our communities. We will also award a BTH Scholarship to a graduating student from Pleasantville High School who demonstrates commitment to, passion for, and volunteerism related to mental health advocacy.