Please join Lower Paxton Township and Highway Equipment & Supply Co. for the 8th Annual Red Hot Arts & Parks 5K & Family Fun Walk. The 5K Run is an event for competitive and recreational runners that weaves its way through two beautiful neighborhoods surrounding Brightbill Park.
Early Bird price ($15) expires 4/30/21; Regular 5K race price ($25) from 5/1/21 through 7/16/21.
Free race T-shirts are guaranteed to all paid 5K runners registered by June 28. Additional T-shirts are available for purchase ($10) through 6/28/21.
CASH PRIZES will be awarded to the top three overall male & female finishers, as well as awards for the top three finishers in each of the following age divisions:
Youth (14 & under) Teen (15 - 19) Young Adult (20 - 29) Adult (30 - 39) Adult (40 - 49) Master (50 - 59) Senior (60 -69) Senior Plus (70 & Over)
The 5K Walk is a relaxing way to spend time with family and friends at a community event and support the many efforts of the Parks & Recreation Dept.
Proceeds from the event will also be used to benefit the community through the Arts Council, the Greenway Committee, and the Parks & Recreation Department.
What is a virtual race? Keep running and walking on your own schedule. Registered virtual runners/walkers will be provided with an online time submission link. Any day from July 11-18th you can run your race, and then record and submit your time. Results will be scored and award certificates will be emailed out to all participants.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION -
▪ Event will be held rain or shine
▪ Registration begins at 6:30 am
▪ Race day registration fee for 5K Run is $30.00
▪ Children 10 and under participate for FREE
▪ The 5K Run & Walk begins at 8:00 am
▪ The course begins and ends at the Friendship Center (5000 Commons Drive)
▪ T-Shirts are provided for all paid 5K runners pre-registered by 6/28/21.
▪ Awards ceremony will be held after the event