2020 Heart Your Kidneys Shreveport 5K Run/Walk
Your participation in the 2020 "Heart Your Kidneys" 5K Run/Walk will ensure that we will continue our mission in Louisiana of educating over 1.5 million people at increased risk for chronic kidney disease, assisting nearly 16,000 dialysis patients
and promoting organ donation for the 1,800 waiting for a kidney transplant.
For every dollar raised at the Kidney Walk, more than 81 cents goes toward NKFL's patient programs and services.
The National Kidney Foundation of Louisiana provides these services in the Shreveport area:
* Free informative resources for patients, families and the general public.
* Free kidney health screenings
* Financial support to dialysis patients
* "Kidneys in the Classroom" presented in the educational system
* Educational tools, workshops and meetings for healthcare professionals
* Support of local kidney research for new treatments