2017 Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Island Run powered Boston.com
Run the trails of Spectacle Island, then party on Provincetown-II while cruising Boston Harbor!
On September 23, Boston.com kicks off its third annual Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Island Run powered by Boston.com on Spectacle Island. Participants can choose between two separate races: a 5-miler and a 5K race. Both races share the same start and finish lines, with the 5M starting ~25 minutes before the 5K. Afterwards, enjoy a celebration and award ceremony on the Provincetown-II while cruising through Boston Harbor.
The 2017 event is family-friendly, but the course includes trails which are not stroller-friendly.
Bib Pick-up & Boat Boarding:
Seaport World Trade Center Terminal, 200 Seaport Boulevard, Boston, MA 02210
Boat Departure/Return Time:
Race Start for 5M and 5K:
1) What does my registration include?
- Boat ride to and from Spectacle Island
- Race entry for the 5M or 5K runs
- Catered lunch and beverages
2) I signed up for the 5M (or 5K). Can I run the 5K (or 5M) instead?
Yes, but you'll need to switch your race assignment (shown in your confirmation email) via our transfer form.
3) Can I run with a baby jogger/bring children to watch the run?
Sorry, baby joggers & strollers are not allowed in the race.
4) Can I run with my dog?
Sorry, dogs are not allowed on the island.
5) Can I get a refund if I can no longer run?
Sorry, no refunds will be offered for this event.
6) What if it rains?
The race will take place come rain, snow or shine, but you will be notified if we have to postpone.
7) What distance is this race?
There are two races: a 5-miler and a 5K (3.1 miles.)
8) Will there be bag-check?
Yes, we will have staff on site to check your bags for safe-keeping during the race. Bag check will be clearly marked on the boat.
9) Where is the start and how do I get there?
The start location on the island is near the pier, at the visitor center.
10) What are the parking accommodations?
There are many lots around the Seaport District area where we will board the boat.
11) Can I take a shower after the race?
Sorry, we will not have shower facilities on the island.
12) Will there be an after-race celebration?
Runners will enjoy a variety of delicious food and drink items.
13) What if I want to leave before the end of the race?
There are water taxis you can call to pick you up from the island, but that will be at your own cost.
14) What if I want to be a spectator, but do not wish to participate in the run?
Not interested in running, but want to come out and celebrate with your friends? Purchase one of our spectator tickets which includes ferry transportation to and from the island, as well as drinks and refreshments at our party on the pier.
15) What kind of food are you serving?
We’re working on finalizing our menu, check back for more details.